- This event has passed.
End of Summer Party!
September 9, 2022 @ 4:30 pm - 8:30 pm MDT
Spinal Cord Injury Presents “End of Summer Party!”
Sorry to say but the end of summer is coming up fast, and to prepare everybody for that sadness I’ve put together a peer event so that we can all wallow together. The Stanley Park Bowling Club has graciously allowed us to use their facility for a pizza party. There will be pizza, non alcoholic beverages and the option of a cash bar. They will have volunteers there to help you try some adapted lawn bowling if you would like. Unfortunately, on their greens you need to be on a manual chair, but we might be able to make something work if you really would like to try.
Not interested in lawn bowling? That’s completely fine. Show up for pizza, drinks and good company!
Here’s a little more information
Where: Stanley Park Lawn Bowling Club is located at 350 – 42 Avenue SW in Stanley Park
When: September 9th from 4:30 to 8:30 PM
Who: you and your significant other. Kids are welcome but need to be at least eight years or older to try lawn bowling.
- • There are also lanes available for people/kids without disabilities to try bowling
- • There is a limit to 50 individuals in wheelchairs in their club area. First come first serve so please respond to me with whether you are coming, your phone number and who you plan to bring.
- • If you have any dietary considerations please share that with your availability.
- • Their club has an accessible bathroom and a covered patio area with heaters.
- • Unfortunately there are only two stalls for handicap parking in the nearby parking lot, but vans with lifts on the passenger side have the option of parking on the street if there is no spots available.
- • It is also at Stanley Park which is a beautiful area with playgrounds and the elbow river if you would like to go for a walk/roll
Send your response to the Calgary Peer Coordinator Terry Tenove at firstname.lastname@example.org
Can’t wait to try Lawn Bowling? Then you’re in luck! Stanley Park Lawn Bowling Club has introduced a Para Bowls Program for children* and adults who are visually impaired or physically disabled and are eight (8) years of age and older.
Drop-ins are welcome on Tuesday evenings starting at 7:00 pm to 8:00 pm and Thursday afternoons starting at 1:30pm to 2:30 pm during August.
*Parents or Guardian must accompany minors & remain during the session.
If you’re interested check out their website at www.calgarybowls.com