Current Job Opportunities with SCI-AB
FUND DEVELOPMENT MANAGER (Full time, Management Team, Calgary-based)
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the FDM is an integral part of the SCI-AB management team. The FDM will help ensure SCI-AB’s continued success by helping to build a culture of philanthropy from the grassroots, establishing philanthropic practices and procedures, identifying new donors and sponsors, stewarding existing donors and sponsors, and executing a variety of fundraising activities. This role requires an experienced, pioneering, outgoing, positive individual who can thrive in a team-oriented, fast-paced, and dynamic environment.
The FDM must be ready to take a proactive role in creating a respectful and positive workplace where all our stakeholders are excited, connected, and invested in the organization’s work.
Responsibilities & Expectations:
• Foster and maintain relationships with donors and sponsors through various points of stewardship and execute all parts of the donor experience promptly and with a high level of excellence and professionalism.
• Work in partnership with the CEO and Board of Directors to develop a culture of philanthropy from the grassroots.
• Lead the development of the organization’s first Fund Development Strategy.
• Work collaboratively with team members to help identify and build relationships with prospects and develop strategies and fundraising products such as legacy and major gift plans to attract a new generation of philanthropists to SCI-AB.
• Provide leadership of event planning and sponsor relationship management when required.
• Evaluate SCI-AB’s current DMS, @Ease, for efficiency and effectiveness, recommend its continued use or switch to a different platform.
• Ensure all current and future fundraising policies align with industry best-practice.
• Represent SCI-AB at networking and community events.
• Research grant opportunities and provide leadership to the grant application and administrative processes.
• Other duties as assigned.
Please email a cover letter/letter of intent and resume to:
Shaun Dyer, CEO
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected
for an interview will be contacted.